Honestly!
Allright, I guess it's time for some honesty!
People have been asking me how I'm doing and how my job is going. And I ususally answer: I'm allright, the job is good!
But actually I'm not doing that well and my job's not that much fun either. And as soon as I wrote this last sentence I felt what I always feel: worried that other people might worry about me. And guilty for complaining. That's why I never answer these questions honestly (bad christian!!).
Anyway, I've been doing some soul searching lately. Trying to figure out what I wanna do with my future. Trying to find out what will truly make me happy. You would think you know what you want. But you don't! You have to work hard to figure it out!
Anyway, in a spontaneous moment of craziness maybe, I filled in an online job applictaion form for Bagels and Beans. I had a busy day at work and at this moment anything sounds better than answering tons of phonecalls ( I hate phones, remember). But after I sent the application form, the following line appeared on the website:
People have been asking me how I'm doing and how my job is going. And I ususally answer: I'm allright, the job is good!
But actually I'm not doing that well and my job's not that much fun either. And as soon as I wrote this last sentence I felt what I always feel: worried that other people might worry about me. And guilty for complaining. That's why I never answer these questions honestly (bad christian!!).
Anyway, I've been doing some soul searching lately. Trying to figure out what I wanna do with my future. Trying to find out what will truly make me happy. You would think you know what you want. But you don't! You have to work hard to figure it out!
Anyway, in a spontaneous moment of craziness maybe, I filled in an online job applictaion form for Bagels and Beans. I had a busy day at work and at this moment anything sounds better than answering tons of phonecalls ( I hate phones, remember). But after I sent the application form, the following line appeared on the website:
Thank you for being interested in working for Bagels & Beans. In the meantime, why don't you think about this quote by famous philosopher Aristotle who lived between 384 and 322 B.C.:
"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind".
"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind".
Does that mean it's impossible to find a truly fulfilling job?
Still, I think it would be cool to work for a company that puts this kind of quote on their website!
No pretending that work is fun!
Ha, ha, ha :)

3 comments:
love you girl!!!
biiiiig huuuuuug!!!!
Talk to Heidi... she works for Beagels and Beans...
Thanks for your phone call.
I miss you tons everyday.
You know... I'm wondering where it comes from... this whole "I don't know what to do with my life"-thing. Is it a natural, post-shelter syndrome? Seems like everyone who works at the shelter and leaves, has to deal with that.
I think thay should talk about it at the MTP classes.
Post a Comment